bukayo..


the soft and chewy kind..what a delight!! went to the market this morning and there amongst the display of lowland vegetables sat an old woman with her bilao of freshly cooked bukayo. it was a rare find for me since bukayo varieties nowadays are the already hardened ones formed into balls and sprinkled with sesame seeds..my mom introduced me to this delicacy during my childhood, and since then have always looked forward to it as a treat.. it is such joy to savor the natural goodness of coconut not the dessicated or canned kind..
after enjoying a hearty breakfast, am now munching on this sweet delicacy while typing away..yummy!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm... hello ma'am, i love this too. I've tasted one from a client from my previous job years ago and it was great- the fresh, not so hard, not so soft buko meat. Where did you see the vendor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there madam! the vendor i saw at the hilltop area of the baguio public market, hmmm thinking of visiting her one of these days..will post an updated photo soon. :)

      Delete